On August 13, the Oakland Board of Education will vote on the proposed construction plan for Glenview Elementary, which features:
- Retention of iconic art deco facade and cascading stairs at the corner of Hampel and La Cresta
- Newly constructed 21st Century learning facilities and cafeteria
- ADA compliance to allow equal access to the resources at Glenview Elementary for all members of the community
- Seismically-sound buildings to ensure the safety of children and staff
- Modern and efficient plumbing, electric HVAC, and WiFi systems
See the plans at http://www.ousd.k12.ca.us/glenviewconstruction
For more information, read our August 2014 Newsletter.